||"This Course is approved for 1 general credit from the Nevada Board Of Continuing Legal Education."
In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of the Stark Law, including its 2016 changes. He will also discuss best practices for negotiating and drafting NPP arrangements on behalf of health systems, hospitals, medical groups and physician practices. The webinar will focus on regulatory requirements, key provisions, valuation considerations and potential pitfalls that should be avoided.
Why should you Attend:
As health care organizations and physicians develop NPP arrangements, they must manage their compliance and enterprise risk by ensuring the their arrangements are defensible under the Stark Law.
Prior to moving forward with any NPP arrangements, the parties should carefully evaluate whether the proposed structure and financial terms support compliance with Stark's technical requirements and key tenets of defensibility so they will be prepared to mount a defense in the event the lease is ever challenged.
This webinar will focus on the Stark Law's underlying technical requirements and key tenets of defensibility as they apply to NPP arrangements.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Provide a general Stark Law overview
- Examine critical components of Stark compliant NPP arrangements
- Discuss best practices for NPP arrangements and the related financial terms
- Describe best practices for auditing these arrangements
- Review processes for documenting fair market value and commercial reasonableness
- Discuss best practices for auditing existing NPP arrangements and potential pitfalls
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFO's
- Health Care executives