||"This Course is approved for 1 general credit from the Nevada Board Of Continuing Legal Education."
In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of the Stark Law, including its 2016 changes. He will also discuss best practices for negotiating and drafting physician employment agreements on behalf of health systems, hospitals and medical groups. He will explain key provisions and potential pitfalls in both types of agreements.
Why should you Attend:
Given the substantial awards and settlements in recent enforcement actions, Stark Law compliance has become more than just a compliance issue: it is an enterprise risk management issue.
As medical groups, hospitals, and health systems transition to more innovative compensation structures, they must manage their compliance and enterprise risk by ensuring their physician employment arrangements are defensible under the Stark Law.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Provide a general Stark Law overview
- Examine critical components of Stark and Anti-Kickback compliant employment arrangements
- Discuss best practices for drafting physician employment agreements, related compensation plans and facilitating effective onboarding
- Discuss best practices for auditing existing employment arrangements
- Describe alternative structures for organizations intending to qualify as Stark group practices
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFOs
- Health Care executives