This lesson will be addressing the major changes from the September 23rd 2013 HIPAA Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates at the time of the presentation. There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities and business associates under Omnibus, first and foremost being the Feds have and increased budget and enforcement abilities using outsourcing.
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- HIPAA Omnibus - Do you know what's involved and what you need to do?
- What does Omnibus mean for covered entities and business associates?
- Why should you be concerned?
- Can patients now sue you for wrongful disclosure?
Who Will Benefit:
- 2013 Omnibus changes and applicable other changes
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Breach notification
- Paperwork that needs to be updated
- Risk factors
- Practice Managers
- Business Associates
- Home Health
- Medical Professionals