||"This Course is approved for 1 general credit from the Nevada Board Of Continuing Legal Education."
In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of the Quality Payment Program, including its MIPS and Advanced APM pathways. Mr. Wolfe will provide a straight-forward, practical explanation of key provisions and options for clinicians and health care leaders as they navigate the 2017 transition year and beyond.
Why should you Attend:
Going forward, clinicians and health care leaders need to be developing strategies so they can position their organizations for financial success under the new Quality Payment Program.
Beginning in 2017, CMS will start rewarding clinicians for their delivery of high-quality patient care through one of two pathways:
1. Payment of incentives for participation in Advanced Alternative Payment Models (Advanced APMs)
2. Application of a positive or negative adjustment pursuant to the clinician's performance under the new Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
CMS is allowing clinicians to pick their pace of participation for the 2017 performance year.
They will have three flexible options to submit data under MIPS and a fourth option to join an Advanced APMs in order ensure they will not trigger a negative payment adjustment in 2019.
This webinar will focus on the Quality Payment Program, its pathways and potential options for clinicians as they navigate the Quality Payment Program during the 2017 transition year and beyond.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Provide a general overview of MACRA and the CMS Quality Payment Program
- Explain the consolidation of historic incentive programs into MIPS and provide an overview of the underlying MIPS scoring methodologies
- Discuss qualifying Advanced APMs and the process for earning program incentives for APM participation
- Describe strategies for engaging key stakeholders, and for picking your pace in the transition year
- Discuss potential strategies for incentivizing physicians in connection with the rollout of the new Quality Payment Program
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFOs