The objectives of this course will be to demonstrate from real life audits conducted by the Federal government what your highest risks are for being fined (some of the risk factors may surprise you). In addition this course will cover the highest risk factors for being sued by patients for wrongful disclosures of PHI. The course will also cover the manner in which patients are now using state laws to sue for wrongful disclosures. States are being encouraged by the Federal government to implement new laws to remedy their citizens.
Why should you attend:
- HIPAA NOW HAS TEETH! Be prepared! Protect your practice or business!
- What factors might spurn a HIPAA audit? …are you doing these things?
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
We will be discussing some of the changes taking place in Washington with the Health and Human Services in regards to the enforcement of the HIPAA laws
already on the books. I will go over some of the new changes affecting covered entities and business associates. I will also be discussing factors might cause an unwanted visit or letter from the Office of Civil Rights and how to prepare for the audit
and deal with the Feds and state laws.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Updates for 2016
- Factors which can get you audited
- Business Associates
- How to avoid an audit
- HIPAA and suing
- NIST based Risk Assessment
- Practice Managers
- MD's and other Medical Professionals
- Billing Companies
- Transcription Companies
- IT Companies
- Answering Services
- Home Health
- Any Business Associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals