We will be discussing some of the changes taking place in Washington with the Health and Human Services in regards to the enforcement of the HIPAA laws already on the books. I will go over many Q&A's that I have received specific to HIPAA and mental health.
I will also be discussing factors might cause an unwanted visit or letter from the Office of Civil Rights and how to prepare for the audit and deal with the Feds. In addition I will cover the risk factors business associates now have under the new laws as it relates to patients ability to sue for wrongful disclosure.
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What are the risk factors specific for HIPAA and mental health…
- HIPAA NOW HAS TEETH! Be prepared! Protect your business!
- What factors might spurn a HIPAA audit? …are you doing these things?
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
- Are you familiar with state laws???
Who Will Benefit:
- Omnibus Rule
- HIPAA and Mental Health
- Psych Notes
- Responsibility of business associates
- Why is the Fed enforcing so strictly now
- Risk Assessment - Importance
- What are factors that can get you audited
- Practice Managers
- MD's and other Medical Professionals
- Billing Companies
- Transcription Companies
- IT Companies
- Answering Services
- Home Health
- Any business associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals