This lesson will be addressing what a medical practice needs to do to get its HIPAA house in order before the imminent audits occur. It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates for 2015. There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities and business associates under Omnibus, first and foremost being the Feds have and increased budget and enforcement abilities using outsourcing.
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Protect your practice and be prepared for the eminent Federal audits!
- Court cases that are changing the landscape of HIPAA and patient’s ability to sue under state law for wrongful disclosures of PHI.
- HIPAA Omnibus - Do you know what's involved and what you need to do?
- How to have an affective HIPAA compliance program
- New laws and funding mean increased risk!
- What does Omnibus mean for covered entities and business associates?
- Why should you be concerned?
Who Will Benefit:
- Updates for 2015
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Breach notification
- Paperwork that needs to be updated
- Risk factors
- Practice Managers
- Any Business Associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals
- Billing Companies
- Transcription Companies
- IT COompanies
- Answering Services
- Home Health
- MD's and other Medical Professionals