We will be discussing some of the changes taking place in Washington with the Health and Human Services in regards to the enforcement of the HIPAA laws already on the books. I will go over some of the new changes affecting answering services as well as translating services. I will also be discussing factors might cause an unwanted visit or letter from the Office of Civil Rights and how to prepare for the audit and deal with the Feds. In addition I will cover the risk factors business associates now have under the new laws as it relates to patients ability to sue for wrongful disclosure and also the requirement for business associates to conduct their own risk assessments and have policies in place (Covered Entities are now required to request this from BA's)
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What are the risk factors for business associates and groups/individuals who perform translating or answering services?
- HIPAA NOW HAS TEETH! Be prepared! Protect your business!
- What factors might spurn a HIPAA audit? …are you doing these things?
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
Who Will Benefit:
- HIPAA and Answering Services
- HIPAA and Translator Services
- Omnibus Rule
- What to look out for as a business associate
- Responsibility of business associates
- Why is the Fed enforcing so strictly now
- Risk Assessment - Importance
- What are factors that can get you audited
- Practice Managers
- MD's and other Medical Professionals
- Billing Companies
- Transcription Companies
- IT Companies
- Answering Services
- Home Health
- Any business associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals