This lesson will be addressing the major changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates for 2015. There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities and business associates under Omnibus, first and foremost being the Feds have and increased budget and enforcement abilities using outsourcing. There will also be first-hand accounts of patients suing for wrongful disclosures and how we are all at risk.
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- HIPAA Omnibus – Do you know what’s involved and what you need to do?
- What does Omnibus mean for covered entities and business associates?
- Why should you be concerned?
- Court cases that are changing the landscape of HIPAA and patient’s ability to sue
Who Will Benefit:
- Updates for 2015
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Breach notification
- Paperwork that needs to be updated
- Risk factors
- Practice Managers
- Any Business Associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals
- Billing Companies
- Transcription Companies
- IT COompanies
- Answering Services
- Home Health
- MD's and other Medical Professionals