I will be covering the specifics from real life experience in how the Federal government operates in an audit. What is involved in the audit, what specifics are they looking for, what outsourced entities carry out the audit, what are things the Fed likes to see, and what are things they do not like to see. I will also talk about low hanging fruit that are HIPAA violations that many are unaware of.
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Beware! The Feds are coming and enforcing this previously benign law!
- HIPAA - are your "i"s dotted and "t"s crossed?
- Do you know what to do if you receive a letter from the OCR?
- Do you know your risk?
Who Will Benefit:
- Office of Civil Rights audit letter
- What should you do if you receive an audit letter
- What are risk factors
- Fines - how they are assessed
- Practice Managers
- Any Business Associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals
- Billing Companies
- Transcription Companies
- IT COompanies
- Answering Services
- Home Health
- MD's and other Medical Professionals