||"This Course is approved for 1.5 general credit from the Nevada Board Of Continuing Legal Education."
The HIPAA Security Rule requires organizations to evaluate risks and vulnerabilities in their environments and to implement reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against reasonably anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of e-PHI. This is a key step in preventing breaches from occurring.
Another important aspect that will be covered is how to train a workforce and making sure the proper policies and procedures in place. If audited or the subject of a compliance review you will be required to show the government you have all the necessary documentation in place for safeguarding patient Protected Health Information and indicate how you addressed all required security safeguards. This starts with the understanding the fundamentals of a HIPAA compliance.
If your healthcare practice, business, or organization needs to understand best practices and proper security and privacy safeguards, or make sure your current compliance program is adequate and can withstand government scrutiny, please join us for this informative and interactive course.
Why should you Attend:
With a substantial increase HIPAA data breaches, organizations must understand the requirements to safeguard protected health information. In 2015, almost 120,000,000 individuals were affected by HIPAA data breaches. This has led to a substantial increase in HIPAA enforcement resulting in much higher fines and penalties.
Attendees will leave the course clearly understanding of all the requirements that must be in place for protecting the health records their organizations maintain, create, transmit, or store. After completing this course, a Covered Entity or Business Associate will have a clear understanding for what needs to be place when it comes to preventing HIPAA Data Breaches.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Why was HIPAA created?
- Who Must Comply with HIPAA Requirements?
- What Privacy Requirements Must be in place?
- What are the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Management Plan?
- What is meant by "Required"and "Addressable"Implementation Specifications?
- What are Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards Requirements?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
- What are HIPAA training requirements?
- What is a HIPAA data breach and what happens if it occurs?
- What are the penalties and fines for non-compliance and how to avoid them?
- HIPAA Breaches -Case Examples
- Compliance Officer
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Medical/Dental Office Managers
- Practice Managers
- Information Systems Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- General Counsel/Lawyer
- Practice Management Consultants
- Any Business Associates that accesses protected Health Information
- IT Companies that support Medical/Dental Practices or other Healthcare organizations