||"This Course is approved for 1.5 general credit from the Nevada Board Of Continuing Legal Education."
In this session you will learn how to do a complete HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management, step-by-step, see the steps demonstrated and explained clearly in plain language.
Why should you Attend:
The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) is the HIPAA enforcement arm of the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services. For OCR, the most serious, most widespread HIPAA deficiency for Covered Entities and Business Associates - surpassing all others - is an organization's failure to perform a HIPAA Risk Analysis and implement a Risk Management program to address its Risks.
But the HIPAA Rules do not say how to do the mandatory HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management and OCR's 9 page guidance document refers organizations to technical procedures in manuals created by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) specifically geared to"
the computer security community". Federal "Security Risk Assessment Tools" are available and they are incomplete, cumbersome and have an explicit disclaimer - use of the tool does not guarantee compliance with federal, state or local laws No wonder a 2012 OCR informational audit of Health Care Providers found 80% failed to comply with this requirement that has been mandatory since 2005. NIST recommendations cited by HHS are highly ".
You should attend this session learn how to do a complete HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management, step-by-step, see the steps demonstrated and explained clearly in plain language.
Areas Covered in the Session:
This webinar for HIPAA Covered Entities and Business Associates will explain:
Who Will Benefit:
- What a complete HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management program is and how to do one
- An Interactive, Intuitive method to Analyze the Risks to all Protected Health Information (PHI) - not just Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI) and build a Risk Management Program directly from the Risk Analysis
- How to Automate, Simplify and Document HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management
- Health Care Practice and Business Associate Owners
- Compliance Official
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Risk Management Director
- HIPAA Compliance Official
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Information Technology Supervisor
- General Counsel - Associate General Counsel
- Certified Public Accountant