I will show how to conduct a PROPER risk assessment point by point and how to also avoid scams in the market. We will also be discussing the absolute importance of doing a risk assessment and that this is the first thing the OCR will ask for. I will instruct the listeners on how to write proper policies and procedures which are to be based upon the findings of the risk assessment and how to word the policies to satisfy the Fed. We will also discuss the importance of having policies which are consistent with your procedures and also discuss the negative ramification of cookie cutter templates in the eyes of the Fed.
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Have your done a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
- Do you know a risk assessment is the first thing the Feds will ask for in an audit?
- Is your risk assessment adequate?
- Do you have written policies in place for every single one of the implementation specification of the HIPAA Security Rule (even ones that don't apply) - do you know this is required!!
Who Will Benefit:
- NIST base Risk Assessment - how to conduct properly
- How to avoid scams in the market
- Risk assessment - is not a once and done, must be ongoing and typically annual
- How to write policies and procedures based on risk
- Practice Managers
- Business Associates
- Home Health
- Medical Professionals