This lesson will be going into great detail regarding you practice or business information technology and how it relates to the HIPAA Security Rule. Areas covered will be system auditing, encryption, physical security, IT consulting firms, disaster recovery, web based vs in-house systems, and risk factors as they relate to IT.
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Is your IT system HIPAA compliant?
- What are factors to consider?
- Cloud vs In-house EHR
- Picking the right IT group
- How are your backups done? Are they secure?
- Are you utilizing encryption?
- Is your practice physically securing its systems?
- Are you adequately auditing your system as required by HIPAA?
- Do you have an adequate contingency plan in place as required by HIPAA?
Who Will Benefit:
- Information technology (in great detail)
- HIPAA Security Rule
- Business associates
- Breach notification
- Risk factors
- Practice Managers
- MD's and other Medical Professionals
- Billing Companies
- Transcription Companies
- IT Companies
- Answering Services
- Home Health
- Any business associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals