This lesson will be addressing how practice managers (or compliance offers) need to get their HIPAA house in order before the imminent audits occur. It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates for 2015. There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities and business associates under Omnibus, first and foremost being the Feds have and increased budget and enforcement abilities using outsourcing.
Why should you attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What are your risk factors?
- Do you know the top 10 areas of concern?
- Do you have an up to date exposure control plan?
- Understand the risks of blood borne pathogens (BBP)?
- How to conduct a self-assessment for risks
Who Will Benefit:
- Risk factors
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Universal Precautions
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Any other area pertaining to medical
- Practice Managers
- Any Business Associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals
- Billing Companies
- Transcription Companies
- IT COompanies
- Answering Services
- Home Health
- MD's and other Medical Professionals