I will be covering the specifics from real life experience in how the Feds operate in an audit. What is involved in the audit, what specifics are they looking for, what outsourced entities carry out the audit, what are things the Fed likes to see, and what are things they do not like to see.
I will also talk about low hanging fruit that are HIPAA violations that many are unaware of.
Why should you attend:
- Beware! The Feds are coming and enforcing this previously benign law!
- HIPAA - are your "i"'s dotted and "t"'s crossed?
- Do you know what to do if you receive a letter from the OCR?
- Do you know your risk?
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Office of Civil Rights audit letter
- What should you do if you receive an audit letter
- What are risk factors
- Fines - how they are assessed
Who Will Benefit:
- Practice Managers
- Business Associates
- Home Health
- Medical Professionals