This webinar for HIPAA Covered Entities and Business Associates will explain:
Why should you Attend:
- What a complete HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management program is and how to do one
- How to automate, simplify, document and complete your HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management by an interactive, intuitive process:
- To identify and analyze Risks to all Protected Health Information (PHI) - not just Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI)
- Manage Identified Risks
- Implement your specific, customized Risk Management Plan
- Archive your Risk Analysis - Risk Management- Risk Management compliance for ready reference and inspection by OCR.Craft your next HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management from the data entered in the archive - modify and supplement with no need to start from scratch
The Office for Civil Rights (OCR), the HIPAA enforcement arm of the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently announced alarming results of the Phase 2 Covered Entity HIPAA Compliance Audits. 94% failed the Risk Management Audit and 87% failed the Risk Analysis Audit! Every audited Covered Entity knew well in advance that it was on the short list to be audited, had completed pre-audit questionnaires and knew the exact questions it would be asked and documentation to be provided (audit protocols).
Attend this session to learn how the Acts of HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management, step-by-step, with the steps demonstrated and explained clearly in plain language.
HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management is the basis of your HIPAA Compliance Program. OCR rightly considers the most serious, most widespread HIPAA deficiency for Covered Entities and Business Associates - surpassing all others - is an organization's failure to perform a HIPAA Risk Analysis and implement a Risk Management program to address its Risks.
The HIPAA Rules do not say how to do HIPAA Risk Analysis - Risk Management.
OCR's limited 9-page guidance document refers organizations to technical procedures in manuals created by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Computer Security Division and geared to "the computer security community". Several Federal "Security Risk Assessment Tools" are available, incomplete, cumbersome and have an explicit disclaimer- use of the tool does not guarantee compliance with federal, state or local laws.
However, Federal Risk Analysis - Risk Management procedures are easy to follow, step by step, when you know the steps. This webinar explains and demonstrates those steps.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Potential Breach Investigation
- Breach Risk Assessment
- Determination and Documentation
- Other Breach Notification Rule compliance requirements, including state laws
- Health Care Practice and Business Associate Owners
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Compliance Official
- Risk Management Director
- HIPAA Compliance Official
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Information Technology Supervisor
- General Counsel - Associate General Counsel
- Certified Public Accountant